Developing Julia packages
Notes about developing Julia packages.
- Developing Julia packages by Chris
PkgTemplates.jl is recommended to generate package structures with unit tests and CI/CD integrations.
Tip: you can have local dependencies for running tests in
test/Project.toml without the need of
targets sections in the main project’s
- Discover unit testing
- Skip or select which test(s) to run.
- Multiprocessing for faster runs.
See TestJive for code examples.
Youtube video on Documenter.jl, the documentation generator for Julia packages.
Tip: you may need to generate an SSH key for deploying docs to GitHub pages.
Continuous integration / delivery
PkgTemplates.jl should set up the appropriate code structure for you. I would recommend to use GitHub to host Julia packages because
- Running GH actions is unlimited for public repositories, with multiple operating systems running concurrently (matrix build).
- Julia github actions are convenient.
- Automation bots integrate better with GitHub. e.g. TagBot, Registerbot, and Compat Helper.